Trust in the Lord- How will you fully rely on God?

Trust in the Lord

Yesterday was Pastor Appreciation Sunday at our church.  I am the head of the fellowship team so usually, that means I would have already gone to the church and had everything set up and prepared.  However, I was really sick over the weekend.  Went to the sick clinic Saturday morning, came home and took a nap (I NEVER DO that) and felt a little better.  Was put on antibiotics so hopefully, it will knock this crud out of my system for good.

Our church is small but we have two lead pastors.   However, one of those Pastors has been filling in temporarily for another church who lost their Pastor, for a few months.  In the meantime, some of our Deacons and other members with experience have stepped in to help with the preaching schedule.  This has been a blessing in a lot of ways as it gives the opportunity to “train up” leaders of the church.  My husband has been afforded that opportunity several times this year to preach.  Today, was one of his scheduled preaching times.

I am always proud of him, but I must say watching him stand in front of our congregation and speak Gods word with confidence and love, makes me extra proud.  Sick or not, I would not miss it for the world.  It’s important to me to be there, to show him my love and support.

He has been preparing for this for weeks.  Then, all the sudden, on Thursday evening, he came home and said he needed to re-write his sermon.  Whatever, the Holy Spirit leads my dear.  He spent hours working on it and was up until after midnight tweaking his sermon notes and preparing his slide show presentation Saturday.  There is a lot of work that goes into a sermon.  It’s not nearly as easy as it looks, let me tell you.

Yesterday, he left early to head to church.  He plays the drums and they practice before church on Sunday mornings, so this was nothing new.  I made the kids biscuits and ham.  Started my casserole for the potluck, got all 3 kids dressed, hair done, and ready to get out of the door.  Then I had to get myself dressed, and ready and clean the kitchen before we could leave.  As I mentioned earlier, I had not gone early and decorated and prepared the fellowship hall for the potluck so I had all intentions of getting to church by 9 am.  It was more like 9:30 when I got there.  Thankful some of the ladies stepped up and had already decorated and done the tea and other preparations for me.

Jeremy did a wonderful job on his sermon.  He doesn’t let me read it beforehand, so it was new to me also.  He started out with a story to relate back to his message.  His sermon was on how God can use ALL things for his purpose.  Even those times when we screw up, make a mess and are the most ashamed of.

He also talked about a specific time when we really prayed and took a leap of faith by turning down a possible promotion.  Come to find out, there had been a mistake and he wasn’t supposed to have been offered it.  He was put back on the Board and promoted within the same office, where we didn’t have to move.  PRAISE THE LORD!

See sometimes, God wants us to step outside our comfort zone to fully rely on HIM and HIS will for our life.  If we follow his prompting, he will do incredible things, that we can’t even comprehend possible at the time.

So, how will YOU step out of your comfort zone and fully rely on God?

If I can get him to agree, I’ll upload his sermon at the bottom of this post later.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Prov 3.5-6 Click To Tweet

Eden Advent Calendars

14 Comments

1. jenniferwise4heritagemakers October 30, 2017 at 10:33 am

Leaps of faith are often hard but always worth it. Trusting God usually requires that we don’t lean on our own understanding. Everything makes sense in His plan and His time. It’s just hard to remember when you’ve got a trial right in your face. 😉 But He always knows.

1. tannah@tannahsjourney.com November 1, 2017 at 10:04 pm

Yes ma’am. Those times are our stepping stones of faith. That we can look back on and recall God leading us, guiding us blinding through something.

2. kchristine518 October 30, 2017 at 2:59 pm

Beautiful Tannah! You are really speaking to this particular time in my life and leaning on God not my own understanding.

1. tannah@tannahsjourney.com November 1, 2017 at 10:03 pm

Aw, I’m so glad to hear this. If my blog does nothing else, I really do hope it encourages others.

3. Valerie October 30, 2017 at 3:25 pm

Wow! That’s awesome! I love when everyone comes together like that and steps in!

Trusting God doesn’t come naturally to many people! It’s a beautiful thing!

Great post!!

1. tannah@tannahsjourney.com November 1, 2017 at 10:02 pm

Yes, I have a great church family. Very thankful for them.

4. InsomnoMom October 30, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Great post! I’m a preacher’s kid, so I know how much work goes into a sermon and how easily a sermon can change at the very last minute.

1. tannah@tannahsjourney.com November 1, 2017 at 10:01 pm

Wow, thats tough… If you would have asked me a few years ago I would have said he’d never be up there. Its amazing how God works.

5. Katie @ Book Ink Reviews October 31, 2017 at 2:29 am

What a beautiful post! Leaps of faith and shoving people outside their comfort zones have got to be some of the toughest sermons to cover.

1. tannah@tannahsjourney.com November 1, 2017 at 10:00 pm

Yes it is. He had a total different sermon prepared and felt God was calling him to change it up so he totally re-wrote it mid week. Whatever the Spirit leads. 😀

6. Melissa October 31, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Thanks for sharing. There have been so many times when I had to step out of my comfort zone and trust God. Usually hindsight show’s His faithfulness. In the times when it doesn’t it’s usually a time to wait and continue to trust…God is good all the time!

1. tannah@tannahsjourney.com November 1, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Amen! Those tend to be our stepping stones. Where you can look back and know God was building you stronger.

7. Annie McGuire November 12, 2017 at 3:30 pm

Proverbs 3:5-6 are theme verses for our life! I have “trust” in Hebrew tattooed on my left wrist and “obey” on my right, to be a constant reminder of my two most important responsibilities as a child of God. The Lord wants us to have faith and follow him. They’ve been great door openers to share truth as well!

Our family recently stepped out by faith and followed the Lord’s call to plant a new church. We left our home of 16yrs, our best friends, our home church where we were saved and trained up, joined a team of faithful disciples and started ministering to a new community. It’s been 4 mos and we’ve seen so much fruit. God is faithful, and he blesses obedience! It’s always worth it!!

1. tannah@tannahsjourney.com November 12, 2017 at 4:24 pm

That is incredible! I’m so glad you relied on God and he is showing His awesome ability through your new adventure.

Let me know your thoughts