I swear these things only happen to me….

Over the past few days I have went through a whirlwind of emotions.  I swear these things only happen to me, and you really can’t even make them up.
So, yesterday after I picked the kids up from school, we came home and went down to the goat pen.  I needed to trim their hooves, so I grabbed a chair, and had one of the kids hold the goat in their lap while I trimmed the hooves.  This seems to work best at the time.  Well, they sat beside the wheelbarrow and it was the closest thing so I sat my phone in the wheelbarrow.  The other two goats came and jumped in and were playing, and being noisy as always.  Well, all the sudden, Allyssa starts laughing and tells me Riley is peeing.  At first I was like, cool, at least in the wheelbarrow.  That was until I realized she was peeing on my phone!
There is no doubt she did this on purpose.  She backed her little butt up, and was peeing in the middle of my phone.  I grabbed it up, wiped it off, and thought it was fine.  That was until I got inside, went to text someone back, and it shut off.  I have not been able to get it back on since.  Did the whole put the phone in the rice thing.  No Luck!  She better be glad I love her so much.
So, I have spent last night trying to figure out how to get it to work.  Today has just not been great.  I woke up with a fever blister, a headache, phone still not working, and just cranky.   I took the kids to school, took granny to the chiropractor and grocery store, and came home to work on it more.  Thankfully my mom had an old phone that I was able to get.  I then spent an hour on the phone with Verizon trying to get the new phone activated.
Thankfully, I have an operational phone again.
So, new phone, new pictures…..

Best I could get. If I sit down Zoe is going to be climbing in my lap.

8 Comments

1. Sam Temsah-Deniskin October 10, 2017 at 9:28 am

Aw so cute! I grew up with goats and it was a lovely childhood!

2. Bhawna@KeepItStylish.in October 10, 2017 at 9:37 am

Kids are so cute & adorable. Much love from India.

3. mrsglivingsimple October 10, 2017 at 9:38 am

Goats… We had one when the kids were little my kids ha ha not goat kids. She was a rescue. Lucy goat. We loved her and her antics so much! I still miss her to this day. She was good for jumping on the hood of my car and denting it LOL. Glad you got a new phone. Silly goats!

1. tannah@tannahsjourney.com October 10, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Yeah, I’ve been warned about that. So far they haven’t tried that. We let them out a lot and they like jumping on the golf cart and playing in the garage but so far haven’t attempted to jump on/in a vehicle.

4. hillythompson October 10, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Yep, I had a goat named Skittles that was amazingly passive aggressive too. She would hop right up into the milk stand, let you milk her just fine, but progressively lean into you until she pushed you off. Stinker…

5. bridget4214 October 10, 2017 at 9:35 pm

Ah what luck! Things do seem to happen that way – at least you were able to salvage an old phone and gain some adorable pictures☺

6. Christina January 17, 2018 at 8:46 pm

This post reminds me of that song “Mama said there’d be days like this.” We all have those kind of days where everything just doesn’t go according to plan, it goes completely opposite but I am learning to praise Him in the good and bad. It’s not always easy but it helps remembering God is in control! 🙂

1. tannah@tannahsjourney.com January 17, 2018 at 10:34 pm

I am SO in the process of writing a similar post. You are so right, God is ALWAYS in control and with me even when I feel out of control.

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments.